QR Energy (NYSE: QRE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 11.50%. QR Energy, LP, through its subsidiary, QRE Operating, LLC, engages in the acquisition, exploitation, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 48.34. The average volume for QR Energy has been 356,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. QR Energy has a market cap of $989.0 million and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 1.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates QR Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- QR ENERGY LP has improved earnings per share by 15.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, QR ENERGY LP increased its bottom line by earning $0.54 versus $0.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.85 versus $0.54).
- The gross profit margin for QR ENERGY LP is rather high; currently it is at 59.20%. Regardless of QRE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, QRE's net profit margin of -7.79% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, QR ENERGY LP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $33.92 million or 33.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, QR ENERGY LP has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full QR Energy Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV