Last up is IntercontinentalExchange (ICE), a firm that's been making some big moves after it announced plans to acquire NYSE Euronext (NYX), the parent of the New York Stock Exchange. Until now, ICE's business has been a lot more niche-focused: in total, it operates one of the largest exchanges for over the counter derivatives, or as I like to call them "less commoditized commodities". That nuanced core business gives ICE some attractive opportunities -- it doesn't compete quite as vigorously for trading flow on its platform, and it collects bigger profits as a result.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV