Then there's AMN Healthcare Services (AHS), a $600 million company that's a one-stop shop for all of the staffing needs for hospitals -- a terrific story that should get better with age as we go into Obamacare and more and more people become elderly because of the nation's changing demographics. This is a terrific little company that's the largest in its industry with a very bright CEO, Susan Salka, and an even brighter future.
Many businesses will be challenged by Obamacare, but hospitals are not one of them -- and when they need doctors or nurses and don't want to put them on full staff, they will call AMN Healthcare. I found myself wondering why this stock's market capitalization is only at $600 million, as this company's total addressable market is huge and it's recognized as best in class in the industry.
But then I thought about it and recognized that, with a tougher market, no big mutual fund is going to want to get trapped in a junior growth stock with no place to go if things go wrong. Stocks like AMN are magic-carpet rides until they become roach motels when the tape morphs from glorious to toxic.
Salesforce.com, a cloud play; Radian, a housing play; and AMN, a healthcare play: These stocks were all perfect just a few weeks ago. Now they're facing challenges as the buyers reassess their commitments and sellers ring the register.At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, had no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV