RESTON, Va., June 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a leader in measuring the digital world, today announced that the company has been named to the Online Trust Alliance (OTA) 2013 Online Trust Honor Roll for demonstrating exceptional data protection, privacy and security in an effort to better protect their customers and brand.
"Strong privacy practices are at the core of all comScore operations," said Chris Lin, Chief Privacy Officer at comScore. "We're proud to be part of the OTA Online Trust Honor Roll, and will continue to participate in conversations with organizations such as OTA about evolving best practices when it comes to privacy and data protection.""Consumers are trading billions of pieces of personal data in exchange for desired services. They rely on the integrity of the businesses collecting and storing this information to protect them," said Craig Spiezle, president and executive director of the Online Trust Alliance. "We are very pleased with the voluntary level of adoption many consumer-facing websites implemented this year that went above and beyond baseline compliance." Nearly a third of the companies reviewed made the Honor Roll, including comScore. The report indicates that company size and/or sales are not true measures of the level of security and privacy a company implements. "All companies are equally evaluated by the same criterion regardless of size. We have seen large e-retailers with significant sales fail to make the Honor Roll; conversely we have seen small to mid-size companies taking top grades," said Spiezle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV