CLEARWATER, Fla., June 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bringing together partners for government, education and healthcare enablement in the public sector, Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq:TECD) hosted the Public Sector Partner Summit at the Grand Hyatt in Tampa, Florida in May. More than 100 channel partners were on hand for the event, at which attendees heard from industry leaders on IT business opportunities within U.S. governments, healthcare and education.
"The Public Sector Partner Summit is all about bringing vendors and solution providers together to educate and enable our channel partners on how to grow their sales and revenue in the public sector," said Bill Brooks, vice president, Technical Services at Tech Data Corporation. "Tech Data offers hands-on enablement training focused on adding value to our partners' business practices."
The event's general sessions included an overview of Tech Data's Public Sector business unit, highlighting how they can assist in growing solution providers' business, and also featured numerous industry speakers covering a range of topics, including: "The Realities and Myths of Sequestration", "Consultative Selling to the HIT Market", and "Document Imaging Opportunities in the Healthcare Market". Our guest speakers included:
- Sean Burke, president, ChannelStars
- Howard M. Cohen, senior resultant, HMC Corporate Copywriting & Consulting
- Carmine Taglialatela, Jr., principal, Oak Hill Farm Group, LLC
- Tom Jauch, director, Sales Operations for State and Local Government and Education in the Southeast at Cisco
- Kyle Galusha, Systems Engineering manager for State and Local Government and Education markets in the Southeast at Cisco
- Muthu Somasundaram, manager, Product Development Marketing at VMware
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts