BOSTON, June 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, is supporting Community Servings as a title sponsor of LifeSavor 2013 with a $25,000 contribution made possible through the BNY Mellon Charitable Giving Program. LifeSavor 2013, the nonprofit's annual spring gala, is being held on Thursday, June 6 at the Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel and will be co-chaired by Joanne Jaxtimer, BNY Mellon's regional executive for New England. This is BNY Mellon's fifth year as a title sponsor and the fourth straight year a BNY Mellon executive has chaired the event.
Community Servings is a not-for-profit food and nutrition program providing services throughout Massachusetts to individuals and families living with critical and chronic illnesses. Its LifeSavor event was launched in 1993 by members of the restaurant community as a way for Boston's chefs, caterers and restaurateurs to support Community Servings in its mission to serve people struggling with life-threatening illnesses.
"Our company's philanthropic focus is on supporting organizations that help people stay connected to critical services, and Community Servings' mission of providing its clients with both basic needs and workforce development programs makes them a perfect partner for us," said Jaxtimer. "BNY Mellon is a long-time supporter of Community Servings, having donated more than $200,000 since 2006, and we're proud to once again be partnering with them for their LifeSavor gala."
Founded in 1989, Community Servings delivers approximately 395,000 free meals per year to the critically ill, their caregivers, and dependent children across eastern Massachusetts. In addition to its meals program, it also offers nutrition education and counseling, food service job training, weekly farmer's markets, and a program that welcomes recent parolees into its kitchen as volunteers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV