June 5, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Brisk® Iced Tea today announced a new multi-dimensional digital channel editorially curated by Noisey, VICE's music channel and Remezcla –
– that will provide fans with up to the moment access to urban cross-cultural trends, artists and events. In addition to the launch of the digital platform, Brisk and Noisey will host a summer music event series in 14 major cities across the U.S. featuring top music performances and street art.
PHOTO LINK: Brisk Bodega Logo
PHOTO LINK: Brisk Logo
"Our platform is inspired by the local bodega, which is often viewed as the cultural core of a neighborhood," said
, Senior Director of Marketing, Pepsi Lipton Tea Partnership. "Brisk has a rich history of bringing bold flavor to our fans and giving them access to authentic experiences, which will now be consolidated in one easy to browse location. Through our partnership with Noisey and Remezcla, both prominent and raw voices in lifestyle media, we will be able to create an even deeper engagement and interaction with our consumers."
will also feature a series of original videos that will shine a light on the influences and flavors of local communities, including:
- Bodega Chat - is a digital video series hosted by Juan Bago, a comedic actor from New York City's Washington Heights. The series will feature guests filmed in and around their local bodegas. These individuals - musicians, athletes, actors, local celebrities and personalities, will chat about their achievements and projects, tastes, neighborhood, corner store and the flavors of their community.
- NOISEY video series – Three original YouTube series: "Meet The Fam," "The Up & Up," and a special edition of "Back N Forth."
The digital hub will also reward consumer engagement by providing value through points that can be redeemed for exclusive gear, including watches, premium headphones and other limited edition items through contests such as:
- Rep Your Bodega – through June 25, fans can tell us what gives their favorite bodega its own unique flavor and they could win $5,000 plus a free Brisk-sponsored commercial for their local Bodega.
- Design Brisk – beginning today, fans can submit their own new Brisk can design and have a chance to win $5,000 in cash and prizes through crowd-sourcing design platform, Blank You Very Much.
- Custom Gear Under the Cap Promotion – starting July 1, fans can redeem unique codes found under select Brisk 1L caps and 24oz can tabs for a chance to win up to 4,000 custom gear prizes. Grand prize includes a customizable 2013 Chevy Camaro co-designed by legendary tattoo artist Mister Cartoon.
"What makes Noisey special is that it's a music site that goes way beyond album reviews and show listings – it's really about approaching music through every angle of culture. Brisk Bodega is taking full advantage of that fact and we see it having a big impact on our audience," says
, Noisey Publisher.
Fans will also be able to view exclusive content from the Brisk Bodega summer music event series and national grassroots tour on the digital hub. The event series will officially kick-off on
and will feature live musical and visual performances, street art, stations for Brisk sampling and interactive gaming elements.
To check out the Brisk Bodega platform visit
. To join the conversation, visit
or follow @Brisk on Twitter.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than
and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than
each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit
About Unilever North America
Unilever is one of the world's leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods with strong operations in more than 100 countries and sales in 180. With products that are used over 2 billion times a day around the world, we work to create a better future every day and help people feel good, look good and get more out of life with brands and services that are good for them and good for others. In
the United States
the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerry's, Bertolli, Breyers, Caress, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, fds, Good Humor, Hellmann's, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond's, Popsicle, Promise, Q-Tips, Ragu, Simple, Skippy, Slim-Fast, Soft & Beautiful, St. Ives, Suave, tcb, TIGI, TRESemme, Vaseline, and Wish-Bone. All of the preceding brand names are registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies. Dedicated to serving consumers and the communities where we live, work and play, Unilever employs more than 13,000 people across North America—generating over
in sales in 2011. For more information, visit
VICE is a leading youth entertainment company operating in more than 34 countries, and includes
, the world's premier original online video destination; an international network of digital channels; a television production studio; a print magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; and a book publishing division.
VICE started Noisey back in 2011, criss-crossing the globe documenting the year in music from ginormous heavy-hitters to tiny garage bands who usually play for their girlfriends and moms. Since then, it has grown into one of the most unique and successful music sites on the planet, operating out of six countries and growing every day. In 2012, Noisey teamed with YouTube as a premium content provider, and built out a series of shows that take a completely fresh take on the world of music. As an editorial resource,
reaches two-million people a month, and has become a go-to source for weird music news, artist-sourced content, and VICE's signature offbeat coverage. Noisey throws parties and shows worldwide, hosts innovative online listening parties for new records, and produces videos for the best artists in the world, like MIA, Die Antwoord, A$AP Rocky, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
Remezcla is a leading independent Latin media and creative studio. Leveraging its expertise in emerging Latin music and culture, Remezcla has built a dynamic platform to develop content and events for trend-setting Latinos. For more information go to