June 5, 2013
- RSA today announced the availability of the RSA Silver Tail ® 4.0 web threat detection solution.
- The first release since the acquisition of Silver Tail in October 2012, this latest iteration is engineered to leverage the power of Big Data to help security and fraud teams visualize and quickly analyze millions of user web-session activities to identify fraud, security threats and business logic abuse in real-time.
- The new intelligent user interface was designed to provide security and fraud teams with consumable information when and how they need it, allowing for much quicker identification of anomalous traffic patterns and behaviors.
- Building on its innovative heritage, RSA Silver Tail sets a new standard for web threat detection tools by helping banking, e-commerce and government organizations separate regular customer web sessions from potentially malicious criminal activity, significantly reducing costs associated with online fraud, security threats and other disruptions.
RSA, The Security Division of EMC
(NYSE: EMC), today introduced the next iteration of RSA
Silver Tail web threat detection solution designed to help organizations better visualize website activity in order to identify normal behavior from that of the potentially malicious. With the ability to quickly separate the activities of friend from foe, security and fraud teams can investigate and mitigate web session and mobile applications threats in real time.
Designed to ensure that organizations have the tools to identify more threats faster and investigate them much more efficiently, the RSA Silver Tail solution adds new one-click incident management capabilities and an intelligent user interface to help organizations gain better visibility into activities on their website across millions of concurrent user web sessions. Additionally, with Streaming Analytics and click-by-click threat scoring, RSA Silver Tail 4.0 technology is built to leverage the power of Big Data to identify threats, malicious traffic and revealing behavior trends that could not otherwise be detected by analyzing the details of web session logs alone. As a result, organizations may be able to experience a reduction in both direct and indirect costs associated with fraud, security and other disruptive uses of websites including account takeover, password guessing, distributed denial-of-service, site scraping and
business logic abuses
such as exploitation of shopping cart functionality or online rebates.
The new features of the RSA Silver Tail solution include:
- Streaming Analytics – RSA Silver Tail technology is designed to offer click-by-click threat scoring that supports more intelligent, risk-based behavioral threat discovery and results in faster detection and mitigation of web threats. Streaming Analytics is engineered to employ proprietary in-memory analytics technology for real-time detection of the latest generation of complex attacks on web sites.
- Incidents Functionality – Designed to both allow for faster and easier threat detection and provide additional context to help teams understand the causes of the threat for a more efficient investigation.
- Intelligent User Interface – Built to adapt to the way security and fraud teams work. The new UI is designed to bring in Big Data visualization capabilities that include highly interactive features to help simplify and prioritize threat detection and investigation. Prioritized lists of suspicious IPs, users, web page and web session data helps allows investigators to quickly identify and investigate threats.
RSA Silver Tail technology is a key component of the RSA anti-fraud and enterprise security portfolio. Using a Big Data-driven approach, the RSA Silver Tail solution is designed to gather and analyze massive amounts of real-time data to detect anomalies, IT security threats, fraud, business logic abuse and other malicious activity. By translating clickstream details into web session intelligence, it is engineered to provide organizations with the visibility to help identify the crucial difference between customer activity and criminal activity happening on ecommerce web sites, e-government portals and online banking web sites.