SIOUX FALLS, S.D., June 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Raven Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:RAVN) introduced new advances in precision agriculture technology including the highly anticipated summer release of its new Viper 4 field computer as well as other ag technology during the eleventh annual Raven Innovation Summit held June 4-5. Over the last ten years, Raven's line of Viper field computers has built an outstanding reputation for innovation among agricultural retailers and custom applicators. As our most robust field computer to date, Viper 4 will not only improve how customers manage critical machine functions, but more importantly, enhance the way data collected in the field is managed and utilized.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=19135
The Viper 4 field computer features a 12.1" responsive touchscreen and sleek design with a ruggedized magnesium casing. A customizable user interface utilizing new Raven Operating Software allows users to set up machine profiles, user profiles, and grower-farm-field information, expediting job start-up and streamlining information management functionality."Data management is critical to our customers' success. Viper 4 hardware, software, and 3rd party applications will operate separate from each other, providing an open platform for data management with our Slingshot® API platform and agX™ compatibility," said Matt Burkhart, vice president and general manager for Raven's Applied Technology Division.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV