Recently, MSFT announced an acquisition of InCycle Software's release management solution business, which will strengthen MSFT's ALM and DevOps solutions with Release Management capabilities thus allowing customers to create and deliver applications at a much faster rate. Further, MSFT can enhance its developer offerings and create its own apps in the future. This clearly falls inline with my area of focus.
We have also seen some nice, bullish activity in the options market. In recent trading, an investor bought 6,200 January 40 calls for $0.60 when the stock was just under $36, expressing the expectation of a robust rally into year's end. If this bullish call activity is correct, shares have a nice opportunity to rise on a relatively cheap play, as vol is an attractive bet on this trade.
I would piggy back on this trade because it represents a nice risk/reward scenario. Keep in mind that you can lose 100% of the premium and entry and exit points are always contingent on your trading plan and capital availability. I typically trade spreads for the 100%, risk-controlled profile, but I think this is an attractive bet based on sound fundamentals, a solid balance sheet and my bullish bias on the sector. We can get involved just $0.02 above the price an institutional buyer got in that I mentioned above.
Trade: Buy to open MSFT Jan 40 calls for $0.62.
If you have any questions or feedback, please use the comments section below to reach out to Lindsey and I. Trade Well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV