The U.S. International Trade Commission ruled that Apple's iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad and iPad 2 3G sold on AT&T's (T) network infringe upon a data transmission patent held by Samsung. This is a blow to Apple, which has been entangled in legal battles with Samsung before.
This is a reversal of a September ruling that sided with Apple, saying the Cupertino, Calif.-based technology company did not infringe upon any of the four patents Samsung was claiming.
The good news for Apple is that most of these products are no longer sold in the U.S. The iPhone 4 and the iPad 2 may be removed later this year, as Apple refreshes the product lines.Apple said it would appeal the ruling.
Amazon.com (AMZN) fell 0.4% to $264.60 as the company gets set to expand its online grocery delivery business. Reuters reports that Amazon could build new warehouses to refrigerate the fresh food. It also has space to store up to 1 million general products Amazon has been testing the service, named AmazonFresh, in Seattle, for at least five years, but is going to expand the business, perhaps as soon as this week. The service may arrive in Los Angeles this week, with the San Francisco Bay Area getting it later this year, according to two people with knowledge of the plans.
eBay (EBAY) shares were little changed in pre-market as the company gets set to open "shoppable windows" in New York, as it seeks to strengthen its relationship with existing retailers. There will be four screens in New York, with the first running from June 8 to July 7. The windows will sell 30 items from Kate Spade Saturday. Shoppers will be able to touch the screens to buy the products, and have a courier deliver it to them within an hour, with payment coming from PayPal Here. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV