SANTA CLARA, California, June 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
4 th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor to ensure Ben Saunders South Pole journey is a 21 st Century expedition
- Polar explorer Ben Saunders and his partner Tarka L'Herpiniere will attempt to be the first people to complete the 1800 mile return journey from the coast of Antarctica to the South Pole which British Royal Navy Captain Robert Scott famously attempted 1910-1912.
- The expedition will utilise Ultrabook devices powered by new 4 th generation Intel® Core™ processor technology to achieve unprecedented levels of communication, and record vital data from the Polar region, in temperatures of -40C.
- Ben will be able to update Twitter, Facebook and blog content along the way, as well as upload video content for the dedicated Scott Expedition YouTube channel. This is a 21 st Century expedition, which thanks to Intel technology can be shared more widely than ever before.
Intel® Corporation is proud to announce that it is the technology sponsor for polar explorer Ben Saunders' attempt to replicate the Terra Nova expedition - a return trip from the coast of Antarctica to the South Pole that British Royal Navy Captain Robert Falcon Scott attempted in 1912 and that no person has completed since.Intel's ground-breaking 4 th generation Intel® Core™ processor technology will power the expedition, enabling Ben to communicate with his supporters during his 1800 mile round trip, as well as record vital data from the region. Ben will be equipped with a 4 th Generation Intel Core processor powered Sony VAIO® Pro Ultrabook™, which at jus 870g is the lightest Ultrabook yet. This makes Ben one of the first people to use the latest Intel ® Core™ processor technology. He will connect to the Internet using an Intel NUC (Next Unit of Computing) device. The NUC will have a 24/7 data connection via satellite phone to a server in London and both it and the Ultrabook device will charge via solar panels attached to a specially designed sled. Ben will be able to upload video, photos, data and blog content with minimal delay, enabling him to share his journey, as it happens, with the world. The Polar region that the expedition will travel through is so remote that data gathered by Scott's original expedition team in 1912 remains one of its most complete sources of documentation, and is still used by climate scientists to this day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV