LOS ANGELES, June 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Employers worldwide received a clear message from their staff today in a global study from Futurestep, a Korn/Ferry company (NYSE: KFY) specializing in high impact talent solutions: "think bigger on innovation in HR if you want to keep us onboard".
Exploring the potential impact of innovative methods in recruiting, engaging and developing staff, the study of more than 4,000 skilled workers from around the world reveals that nearly half are prepared to quit a job they're happy in if they feel they are being let down on promises around innovation.
With 44% of those surveyed admitting that they are "likely" to look around for another role if innovation fails to materialize, equally worrying will be the news that the clock is ticking. Employers have a window of just six months to deliver on innovative ways to engage and develop their people according to the majority. A further four in ten confirmed that 'phantom innovation' would make them feel negatively about the brand as a whole.
Citing companies including Apple, Google, Coca Cola and Facebook as their 'innovation idols', while workers around the globe want to see innovation from day one, they're ready and willing to give back:Big Demands:
- Over ¾ expect employers to be innovative in the way they retain and engage their staff…
- …72% expect employers to be innovative in the way they develop people…
- … but only 36% think that their current company is innovative in those fields
- 79% agree that innovative approaches to engagement and development would make them more likely to perform better in their jobs…
- …49% say they would be more likely to take a job advertised or offered in an innovative way…
- … and 51% believe that innovative approaches to recruitment would make them feel more positively about that company overall
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV