5 Overvalued Housing Markets
No. 1 most-overvalued market: Orange County, Calif.
How much prices exceed fundamentals by: 9.4%
This popular residential area adjacent to Los Angeles has seen asking prices on homes shoot up 18.6% over the past year. That's far above the 3.2% gain recorded for rents.Kolko attributes the higher property values to strong investor demand, good job growth and a dearth of available residences due to underwater homes. But again, Trulia doesn't see a bubble forming. The site estimates Orange County home values got as high as 71% above market fundamentals in 2006.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV