5 Overvalued Housing Markets
Fifth-most-overvalued market: San Jose, Calif.
How much prices exceed fundamentals by: 2.9%
Asking prices for homes in Silicon Valley's biggest city rose 22.9% over the past year even as rents fell 4.8%, helping push property values 2.9% above market fundamentals.Kolko says strong tech-job growth is driving San Jose's property values beyond what's justified. But he believes the city is a long way away from a new bubble. After all, Trulia estimated San Jose home prices got as high as 59% above market fundamentals in 2005.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV