- Mobile technology is a game changer. More than half of Americans have a smart phone, and more and more people, in almost every age demographic, are active on social media.
- People have an increasing and insatiable need to be connected. Even more so in times of emergency. They want to be heard, to be validated, to help and to influence.
- The number of people on social media spikes in times of disaster. People flock to Twitter and Facebook because they are searching for immediate information that they can't get via traditional broadcast channels.
- Engaging influencers is critical. It's just as important to grow the influence of your online community as it is to grow the size. Connecting with people who have credibility in their local communities is critical to an organization's ability to spread its message.
- The public respects and rewards consistent, transparent interaction and cooperation between the private sector and community leaders. Using your social media networks to amplify messages from municipal and state officials, police departments, Offices of Emergency Management and social service agencies can help grow your audience and get valuable information out to those who need it while its needed.
- Tone matters. People respect a social media effort that is continuously empathetic, authentic and helpful.
- Public notes of appreciation matter too, especially to the fiercely proud people who work in the utility industry. We regard ourselves as first responders, and supportive messages can go a long way with a weary employee base in need of a boost.
PSE&G Championed Social Media As A Critical Communications Tool In Testimony Before Congress
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.