NEW YORK, June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), a leading global provider of digital imagery, today introduced a new online marketplace called Skillfeed. The platform reinvents online learning for digital professionals by offering a diverse collection of credible, curated video courses through a simple, affordable subscription plan.
"We've learned a lot about the benefits of a global, crowdsourced marketplace model from Shutterstock, and applied that knowledge to online learning," said Shutterstock's Founder and CEO Jon Oringer. "The idea evolved from our existing customer and contributor communities and quickly expanded to include all digital professionals," he added. "Creatives and technology professionals are always looking to improve their skills, and Skillfeed offers high-quality training alongside an all-access membership model."
"Skillfeed is a natural extension for Shutterstock since we already serve an active, paying community of more than 750,000 professionals who view us as a trusted, creative resource," said Oringer. "We are excited to offer yet another way to help digital communicators succeed in their work."At launch, Skillfeed features more than 10,000 videos from over 100 instructors. "We're working with top-notch instructors from around the world and curating tutorials ranging from the creative arts, including graphic design, video and photo editing, to professional skills such as Microsoft Excel and web development," said Vice President and Skillfeed General Manager David Fraga. Designed for brushing up on existing skills or developing extensive new ones, Skillfeed offers two types of courses:
- Comprehensive Courses - Videos of 20 minutes or more, designed to develop in-depth professional skills, such as HTML or Adobe InDesign.
- Skill Snacks - Short videos you can watch on your lunch break to pick up new tips and techniques on a range of topics from Photoshop to video editing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV