Ford and its joint venture partners reported record May sales of 70,540 units. Also in May, Nissan (NSANY) and its China joint venture sales totaled 103,000, up 2% from the same month a year earlier, while Toyota (TM) and its partner reported sales of 79,000 units, up 0.3%.
Sales of the Focus, the top-selling Ford vehicle in China, rose 17% to 27,345. Among SUVs, the new Ford EcoSport sold 6,231 units in its second month in the market, while sales of the new Ford Kugatotaled 7,892.
Changan Ford Automobile, Ford's passenger car joint venture in China, sold 51,099 wholesales in May, up 48%, while Jiangling Motors, Ford's commercial vehicle joint-venture, sold 17,057 vehicles, up 21%.Ford said its five-month wholesale total rose 48% to 332,467 units. Follow @tedreednc -- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV