ATLANTA, June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fidelity Southern Corporation (NASDAQ: LION) ("Fidelity Southern" or the "Company") announced today that it has commenced an underwritten public offering of $60 million of its common stock. The Company intends to grant the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 15 percent of the shares of common stock sold pursuant to this transaction to cover over-allotments, if any. All of the shares are being offered by the Company.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from this offering, together with its cash on hand as necessary, to: (i) redeem the $48.2 million in shares of its Fixed Rate Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series A, originally issued to the U.S. Department of the Treasury under the Troubled Asset Relief Program Capital Purchase Program; and (ii) redeem the two series of its fixed rate trust preferred securities with an aggregate outstanding principal amount of $20.5 million, plus an estimated $410 thousand of after-tax redemption premiums. The Company intends to use any remaining net proceeds for general corporate purposes.
Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, a Stifel company, and Robert W. Baird & Co. are the joint book-running managers in the offering. FIG Partners is acting as co-manager for the offering.
The offering will be made under the Company's shelf registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the securities described herein, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation, or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV