ARLINGTON, Va., June 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FBR & Co. (Nasdaq:FBRC) (FBR), a leading investment bank serving the middle market, announced today that Susan Anderson, CFA joined the firm as an Analyst, Vice President in the Company's Consumer Research group and will cover the Specialty Retail & Apparel sector. She will be based in the Company's Arlington, Virginia office.
"Susan is a great addition to our team. Her experience covering a broad spectrum of companies within the retail sector gives her a unique perspective that will be immediately accretive to our platform," offered David Hilal, Senior Managing Director, and Director of Research. "Her ability to tackle the hard and complex investor issues head on aligns very well with our Debate™ framework."
Hilal went on further to elaborate on this framework, "Introduced in early 2011, The Debate™ is our unique approach to analyzing every stock we cover. Our analysts carefully identify those few key debatable points that matter to a stock. We then focus our deep research on those points and bring relevant resources to bear. By accurately forecasting how those few debatable points will play out, our analysts can more accurately forecast stock movements and make our clients money, which at the end of the day, is our core mission at FBR."Ms. Anderson brings nearly 10 years of experience as a research analyst, having held senior positions at several firms including Deutsche Bank and Citigroup. She comes most recently from Citigroup where she covered SMID Apparel Manufacturing and Softline Retail and was ranked by Starmine in the top four stock pickers in the industry in 2012. Prior to her work at Citigroup, she covered Broadline Retail and Drug Retail for Deutsche Bank. Ms. Anderson holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering from the California State University and an M.B.A. from the University of Southern California.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV