SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ambarella, Inc. (Nasdaq:AMBA), a leading developer of low-power, HD video compression and image processing semiconductors, today announced financial results for its fiscal first quarter ended April 30, 2013.
Revenue for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 was $33.9 million, up 30.9% from $25.9 million in the same period in fiscal 2013. Gross margin under U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 was 63.9%, compared with 71.0% for the same period in fiscal 2013. GAAP net income for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 was $4.7 million, or $0.16 per diluted ordinary share, compared with GAAP net income of $2.6 million, or $0.07 per diluted ordinary share, for the same period in fiscal 2013.
Gross margin on a non-GAAP basis for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 was 64.0%, compared with 71.1% for the same period in fiscal 2013. Non-GAAP net income for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 was $6.2 million, or $0.21 per diluted ordinary share. This compares with non-GAAP net income of $3.5 million, or $0.11 per diluted ordinary share for the same period in fiscal 2013.Ambarella reports gross margin, net income and earnings per share in accordance with GAAP, as well as on a non-GAAP basis. Non-GAAP financial information excludes the impact of stock-based compensation and the associated tax impact. A reconciliation of the GAAP to non-GAAP gross margin, net income and earnings per share numbers, as well as a description of the items excluded from the non-GAAP calculations, is included in the condensed financial statements portion of this press release. Cash at the end of the first fiscal quarter of 2014 was $104.3 million, compared with $59.7 million at the end of the same quarter a year ago, and $100.5 million at the end of the fourth quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV