Hal M. Bundrick
NEW YORK ( MainStreet)-- The warning was recent and punishment came quickly. FINRA slammed two firms today with a total of $2.15 million in fines for losses incurred from "unsuitable sales of floating rate bank loan funds."
FINRA Chairman and CEO Richard G. Ketchum tipped his hand that floating rate funds were on his radar in a speech at the self-regulatory authority's recent annual conference.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV