4. As of noon trading, Symantec ( SYMC) is down $0.42 (-1.9%) to $21.98 on heavy volume Thus far, 6.1 million shares of Symantec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $21.92-$22.41 after having opened the day at $22.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.40. Symantec Corporation provides security, storage, and systems management solutions to various organization and consumers worldwide. It operates in four segments: Consumer, Security and Compliance, Storage and Server Management, and Services. Symantec has a market cap of $15.6 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 19.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Symantec a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Symantec as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Symantec Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts