2. As of noon trading, PPG Industries ( PPG) is down $1.00 (-0.6%) to $154.14 on light volume Thus far, 165,961 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 922,100 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $154.02-$156.21 after having opened the day at $154.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $155.14. PPG Industries, Inc. operates as a coatings and specialty products company. PPG Industries has a market cap of $21.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 14.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate PPG Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PPG Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins, impressive record of earnings per share growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full PPG Industries Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts