3. As of noon trading, AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) is up $0.85 (0.63) to $136.09 on average volume Thus far, 489,228 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 939,600 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $134.87-$136.37 after having opened the day at $135.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $135.24. AvalonBay Communities, Inc. engages in the development, redevelopment, acquisition, ownership, and operation of multifamily communities in the United States. AvalonBay Communities has a market cap of $17.2 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 65.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate AvalonBay Communities a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AvalonBay Communities as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full AvalonBay Communities Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts