4. As of noon trading, Ecolab ( ECL) is up $1.78 (2.13) to $85.53 on heavy volume Thus far, 996,355 shares of Ecolab exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $83.71-$85.92 after having opened the day at $83.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $83.75. Ecolab Inc. develops and markets programs, products, and services for hospitality, foodservice, healthcare, industrial, and energy markets worldwide. It operates through six segments: U.S. Cleaning and Sanitizing; U.S. Ecolab has a market cap of $25.0 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 31.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Ecolab a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ecolab as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Ecolab Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts