Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:43 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Wednesday.
Barclays raised Chevron (CVX) to buy from hold and Cramer thinks oil may be due for a rally since the downgrade had little effect on the stock. CVX closed Wednesday down 1.1% at $121.57.
Apache (APA) was upgraded by Deutsche Bank. Cramer thinks the company has been working really well after reforming its properties. APA was unchanged at $84.74.Standard Pacific (SPF) is a way to play California housing, which has done very poorly of late, Cramer said. But "maybe this is a breakout." SPF was flat at $8.39. Goldman Sachs downgraded Caterpillar (CAT). Cramer disagreed, saying, "I want to take the other side of the trade." CAT closed 1.8% lower at $84.42. Nomura upgraded Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) to buy from neutral. Cramer liked the call, saying, "I like the way it has been reacting to the upgrade." BBBY rose 2% to $68.33. Microsoft (MSFT) was downgraded by Deutsche Bank. Cramer said the tech giant is "not prone to downgrades. People like it too much." MSFT was at $34.78, down 1%. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @traderboy23
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV