NEW ORLEANS, June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced it is working with Microsoft Corp. to develop real-time incorporation of shop floor information using the SAP® Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (SAP MII) application and Microsoft Office 365, bringing greater manufacturing visibility to the flexible Microsoft Office solutions. The announcement was made at Microsoft TechEd, being held June 3-6 in New Orleans.
As a result of the joint development, SAP and Microsoft have incorporated manufacturing data and contextualized it with real-time enterprise data, and are delivering it through a flexible self-service analytical user experience into Office 365. Customers of both SAP and Microsoft can now realize new benefits to their systems, including:
- A simple, common and collaborative environment to visualize live-plant data
- Reduced total cost of ownership for IT to build and maintain standard reports or help maintain security and data integrity on individual or local copies of Excel spreadsheets
- Collaborative and common view of data across manufacturing locations
- Reduction in custom calculations and errors that are required to turn raw data into information by allowing IT to provide validated feeds of information directly to the Excel sheets
"Accessing real-time intelligence from the shop floor through a cloud service drives tremendous value to our joint customers," said Mike Lackey, vice president, Manufacturing Solutions, SAP. "By co-innovating with our partner, Microsoft, we are able to deliver a familiar and collaborative environment to visualize live-plant data."
"Our alliance with SAP in the manufacturing industry helps put the right information at the fingertips of users with modern tools such as Office 365, Windows 8 devices and Windows Azure," said Caglayan Arkan, general manager, Worldwide Manufacturing & Resources Sector, Microsoft Corp. "Working together, we extend the reach of factory information to virtually any role, anywhere and on any device – through familiar and simple tools that enhance end users' abilities to make faster, better decisions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV