BRIDGEWATER, N.J., June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sanofi US announced today that Connect & Coach™ has been selected as the winning solution of the 2013 Data Design Diabetes (DDD) Innovation Challenge – Prove It! at Health Datapalooza IV in Washington, DC. Sanofi US will award Connect & Coach™ $100,000 to further develop its novel, data-driven solution to help improve health outcomes for people living with diabetes. Designed for the retail supermarket or pharmacy setting, Connect & Coach™ is the first hybrid clinical and consumer application for Registered Dietitians and Certified Diabetes Educators to help educate the diabetes community.
As part of this year's challenge, Sanofi US partnered with the Health Data Consortium to kick off the Redesigning Data Challenge Series. The Consortium, a collaboration among government, non-profit, and private sector organizations, works to foster innovative uses of data to improve health and healthcare. Through this unique partnership, DDD encourages participants to utilize or produce data that will fuel the tools to improve diabetes care in the U.S.
During the final stages of DDD, which is now in its third year, the five finalist teams participated in a Demo Day event at Health Datapalooza IV to showcase their noteworthy prototypes. In addition to the winning solution Connect & Coach™, the other four finalist solutions included:
- AllazoEngine: Leverages existing Allazo Health member data to both anticipate which patients will not take their medications and to predict the most effective interventions to influence each of those patients to take their medication.
- GoCap: Replacement pen cap for prefilled insulin pens that can read dose amounts and times, and communicate wirelessly via Bluetooth to a mobile phone or connected glucometer.
- MediSapien: Accepts isolated silos of unstructured health data and converts it into fully-coded structured data, empowering healthcare analytics for case management, pharmaceutical studies, trend analysis and academic research.
- Nuduro: Provides home and on-the-go meal recommendations that match customers' taste and lifestyle with their unique nutritional needs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts