SAN JOSE, Calif., June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Echelon Corporation (NASDAQ: ELON), the world's leading control networking platform provider, announced that it has added new products to its Grid Modernization portfolio designed specifically for delta-wired distribution networks. Echelon now has a full suite of products available for utilities, in Norway and other countries, that offers more deployment options and supports governmental mandates for smart grids and smart metering. These new Echelon devices are based on the Open Smart Grid Protocol (OSGP), which is one of the leading open-standard protocol for smart grids in Europe.
Echelon's proven, open standard, and multi-use smart grid products for delta networks, which deliver Networked Energy Services (NES) capabilities, now include:
- MTR 1020 Delta Single Phase Smart Meter/Sensor
- MTR 3020 Delta Poly Phase Smart Meter/Sensor
- MTR 3520 Delta CT Smart Meter/Sensor
- DCN 1120/1220 Delta Data Concentrator
One of the first utilities to use these products will be Fortum Norway. As previously announced, Fortum will be deploying Echelon's smart metering system for its 100,000 electricity customers in Norway.
"We welcome the introduction of these new smart meters and data concentrators, both part of the NES system, and look forward to continued success in our deployment," said Lars-Erik Lindgren, Project Manager, Fortum Norway AMM."The release of these innovative products is consistent with Echelon's mission to provide grid modernization solutions to high-growth markets," said Michael Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Grid Modernization, at Echelon. "We are flattered to have a lead customer like Fortum Norway for our new delta network products, and we look forward to expanding our market reach in Norway and other countries with these new additions to our portfolio." The new Echelon products build on features of the company's existing NES products, but developed and tuned precisely for the unique needs of a delta distribution network. They include features such as voltage monitoring; a dual-disconnect switch for single-phase meters; support for a ground-fault-detection alarm feature; support for billable load profiles; expanded M-Bus reads; and the ability to identify broken medium voltage lines and zero-fault conditions. The new Echelon smart meters offer a variety of PLC and RF-based home area network (HAN) technologies, which are designed to support the Smart Energy Profile 2.0 standard for in-home devices and applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV