- A RECIST Response Rate of 75% Was Achieved at the 300mg Dose in Patients With Platinum-Sensitive High Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer
- A RECIST Response Rate of 50% Was Achieved Across All Dose Levels in Patients With Platinum Sensitive Ovarian Cancer and Germline BRCA Mutations
- Progression Free Survival Exceeded One Year Among Platinum-Sensitive Ovarian Cancer Responders, Independent of BRCA Mutation Status
CHICAGO, June 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TESARO, Inc. (Nasdaq:TSRO), an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company, today announced that final results from a Phase 1 trial of niraparib, an inhibitor of poly ADP-ribose polymerase (PARP), were presented this morning at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting in Chicago.
At a dose of 300 milligrams once daily, which represents the dose and schedule that will be utilized in the Phase 3 studies, 75% (three of four patients) with platinum sensitive high grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSOC) achieved a RECIST response. Across all dose levels (30 milligrams to 400 milligrams daily), a RECIST response rate of 46% (6/13 patients) was observed in this population. A RECIST response rate of 50% (5/10 patients) was achieved in patients with platinum sensitive ovarian cancer and germline BRCA mutations. The median duration of response was 431 days for platinum sensitive germline BRCA patients and 444 days for platinum sensitive patients who were not germline BRCA mutation carriers.
In addition, 50% (two of the four patients) with BRCA-positive breast cancer achieved a response. Of the 10 patients with prostate cancer who had evaluable circulating tumor cell count (CTC) levels, seven (70%) had a reduction of >30% in CTC count.The ovarian cancer patients enrolled in this study had received a median of six previous regimens of systemic therapy. The breast cancer patients enrolled in this study had received a median of five previous regimens of systemic therapy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV