- A RECIST Response Rate of 75% Was Achieved at the 300mg Dose in Patients With Platinum-Sensitive High Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer
- A RECIST Response Rate of 50% Was Achieved Across All Dose Levels in Patients With Platinum Sensitive Ovarian Cancer and Germline BRCA Mutations
- Progression Free Survival Exceeded One Year Among Platinum-Sensitive Ovarian Cancer Responders, Independent of BRCA Mutation Status
CHICAGO, June 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TESARO, Inc. (Nasdaq:TSRO), an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company, today announced that final results from a Phase 1 trial of niraparib, an inhibitor of poly ADP-ribose polymerase (PARP), were presented this morning at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting in Chicago.
At a dose of 300 milligrams once daily, which represents the dose and schedule that will be utilized in the Phase 3 studies, 75% (three of four patients) with platinum sensitive high grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSOC) achieved a RECIST response. Across all dose levels (30 milligrams to 400 milligrams daily), a RECIST response rate of 46% (6/13 patients) was observed in this population. A RECIST response rate of 50% (5/10 patients) was achieved in patients with platinum sensitive ovarian cancer and germline BRCA mutations. The median duration of response was 431 days for platinum sensitive germline BRCA patients and 444 days for platinum sensitive patients who were not germline BRCA mutation carriers.
In addition, 50% (two of the four patients) with BRCA-positive breast cancer achieved a response. Of the 10 patients with prostate cancer who had evaluable circulating tumor cell count (CTC) levels, seven (70%) had a reduction of >30% in CTC count.The ovarian cancer patients enrolled in this study had received a median of six previous regimens of systemic therapy. The breast cancer patients enrolled in this study had received a median of five previous regimens of systemic therapy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV