AUBURN HILLS, Mich., June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BorgWarner supplies a number of advanced technologies for winners of the 2013 World Car of the Year Awards, including the:
- 2013 World Car of the Year: Volkswagen GolfBorgWarner supplies GenV all-wheel drive couplings, timing systems for models powered by EA888 engines, and dual-clutch and control modules for the 6-speed dual-clutch transmission. Diesel models also feature BorgWarner glow plugs, pressure sensor glow plugs, glow plug control units and cabin heaters while gasoline models include BorgWarner ignition coils.
- 2013 World Performance Car: Porsche Boxster/CaymanBorgWarner provides ignition coils.
- 2013 World Car Design of the Year: Jaguar F-TypeBorgWarner produces variable cam timing phasers and friction plates for the 8-speed automatic transmission.
For 11 out of the 13 finalists in all categories, including the winners noted above, BorgWarner also produces one or more advanced technologies, such as variable cam timing phasers, timing systems, turbochargers, exhaust gas recirculation coolers, ignition coils, glow plugs, pressure sensor glow plugs, glow plug control units, cabin heaters, friction plates, one-way clutches and high pressure transmission solenoids.
"From timing systems and turbochargers to transmission components, ignition technologies and all-wheel drive systems, BorgWarner's advanced technologies can be found in a broad range of leading vehicles around the world," said James R. Verrier, President and Chief Executive Officer, BorgWarner. "We sincerely congratulate our customers for these distinguished industry honors."
The ninth annual World Car Award winners were chosen by an international panel of 66 automotive journalists from 23 countries. The awards recognize and reward automotive excellence on a global scale.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV