OCEANPORT, N.J., June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT)
Info-Tech Research Group has recognized CommVault as an industry "Champion" in Virtual Backup Software, Email Archiving, and Backup Software for Heterogeneous Environments in its latest Vendor Landscape Reports. These industry reports recognize outstanding vendors in the technology marketplace based on an assessment of the strength of their offerings and their ability to deliver excellent value to customers.
CommVault ® Simpana ® software enables data and information management features and functionality to work seamlessly together to drive down cost, eliminate complexity, and ultimately enable greater IT efficiency. From a single console, customers can easily manage physical and virtual server data protection, archive, search and reporting across hardware platforms from all the major storage vendors. With the recent release of Simpana 10, CommVault is enabling enterprises to take an exponential leap forward in protecting and managing their data at scale, creating value from information and improving access.CommVault Delivers on "Must-Have" Virtual Backup Features Naming CommVault a Champion in virtual backup software for the third consecutive year, Info-Tech Research Group stated that "CommVault's forward-looking hardware integration and OEM strategy, and ability to deliver on must-have virtual backup features make it a great solution for virtual backup." Info-Tech cited the following Simpana features and benefits in the report:
- CommVault supports virtual and physical backup through single platform architecture, offering a comprehensive portfolio of data management and compliance products beyond email archiving and data protection.
- Array integration with Simpana IntelliSnap™ technology for leveraging array-based snapshots continues to be a strong feature, making it "a great choice for those with tight backup windows."
- Virtual Server Agent expands Simpana software capabilities to deliver advanced protection of virtual infrastructure, providing a common recovery process through Simpana software on the front end, regardless of the hardware, hypervisor, or snapshot engine utilized on the back end.
- A flexible hybrid infrastructure that provides a choice as to where customers can store data in the cloud (i.e., Amazon, Rackspace, etc.).
- Intuitive and easy-to-navigate admin and end-user interfaces, the result of deep integration with Exchange and other repositories.
- Link support that provides access to attachments, accessible to mobile users.
- CommVault's solutions protect critical data on laptops, desktops and mobile devices, ensuring that an organization's continuity, recovery and compliance needs are met, even on the edge.
- As a backup solution, Simpana software integrates well with cloud providers to offer a flexible backup target for storage and archiving, improved disaster recovery capability, and agile scalability.
- In recognizing CommVault with its Trend Setter Award, Info-Tech stated that CommVault offers best-in-class support for third-party cloud storage providers, which complements its broad support for physical storage targets.
- David West, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Business Development for CommVault: "Data-driven organizations are looking for ways to more efficiently and cost-effectively protect, manage and access their data. Info-Tech's Champion designation in these three reports further demonstrates how CommVault Simpana software provides customers with critical capabilities in backup, recovery, archive, and virtual server protection that not only protects information but also makes it available for new initiatives, such as mobility and analytics, for increased business value.
- Chris O'Connor, Senior Consulting Analyst, Info-Tech Research Group: "CommVault has positioned itself as an industry leader with a comprehensive slate of features, wide-spread array support, and a strong set of deployment options. We continue to hear praise from Info-Tech customers for Simpana's ease-of-use and strong data management capabilities, as well as solid support."
- Info-Tech Research Group's Virtual Backup Software Vendor Landscape Report
- Info-Tech Research Group's Email Archiving Vendor Landscape Report
- Info-Tech Backup Software for Heterogeneous Environments Vendor Landscape Report
- CommVault® Simpana® 10 Software
- More About Simpana 10 Software
- More CommVault News
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube