NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Wednesday, June 5:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to a lower open for Wall Street on Wednesday as investors awaited a report on U.S. labor market conditions and a spate of other economic reports to look for clues into the pace of the U.S. recovery and the Federal Reserve's next move on its stimulus program.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Wednesday includes the ADP Employment Change index for May at 8:15 a.m. EDT, first-quarter productivity at 8:30 a.m., factory orders for April at 10 a.m. and the ISM Services index for May at 10 a.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Tuesday declined on concern the Federal Reserve may cut back its stimulus measures after Kansas City Fed President Esther George warned that current policy may lead to higher inflation and financial instability. The S&P 500 fell 0.6% to close at 1,631.38.
4. -- The U.S. International Trade Commission ruled Tuesday that certain of Apple's (AAPL - Get Report) iPod and iPad devices violated a patent held by rival Samsung. The victory for Samsung means a ban on imports of Apple's iPhone 4 and a variant of the iPad 2. Because the devices are assembled in China, the import ban would end Apple's ability to sell them in the U.S., The Associated Press reported. The ruling from the ITC could be vetoed by President Obama, who has 60 days to invalidate Tuesday's order. Apple said it would appeal the ruling.
5. -- Amazon.com (AMZN - Get Report) is planning a major roll-out of an online grocery business that it has been quietly developing for years, Reuters reported, citing two people familiar with the situation. One of the people familiar with AmazonFresh's expansion plans told Reuters that new warehouses will have refrigerated areas for food, but also space nearby to store up to 1 million general merchandise products, in some cases.
6. -- Homebuilder Hovnanian (HOV - Get Report) is expected by analysts to report on Wednesday a fiscal second-quarter loss of 5 cents a share on revenue of $408.6 million.
7. -- VeriFone Systems (PAY - Get Report) is expected by Wall Street to report fiscal second-quarter earnings of 47 cents a share on revenue of $440.3 million.
8. -- Brown-Forman (BFB), the maker of Jack Daniels whiskey, is forecast to report fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of 46 cents a share on revenue of $861.7 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts