TAIPEI, Taiwan, June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing is exhibiting its latest energy efficient server and storage solutions this week at Computex, Taiwan. The showcase will focus on maximizing performance per watt, per square foot with innovations in power saving and cooling architectures, increased compute and storage density and the widest selection of application optimized server/storage solutions. Taiwan is also the location of Supermicro's new state-of-the-art integration and logistics facility which provides customers in Asia and worldwide a time-to-market advantage with accelerated fulfillment, support and service for high-volume demands.
"With energy costs and environmental impact rising worldwide, Data Centers and Cloud service providers deserve the best server and storage architectures that offer greatest savings in terms of performance per watt, per dollar, per square foot," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our new power saving FatTwin delivers on all fronts with up to 16% better energy efficiency and $500 per node savings over the life of the system. Alongside our higher density 3U MicroCloud supporting twenty-four Intel Xeon hot-swap nodes and expanding range of energy efficient server and storage solutions, Supermicro is leading the industry with server-building block solutions that save energy, cost and in the long run, our one and only Mother Earth."
FatTwin headlines the show with the $500 savings per node system featuring superior architecture, high efficiency power supplies and an advanced thermal solution. The 4U, 4-node FatTwin, with each hot-swappable node supporting 8x 3.5" hot-swap HDDs per 1U, offers the industry's highest I/O performance and storage capacity. The 4U 4x hot-swap node HPC FatTwin features 3x GPU/MIC per node for an unrivaled 12x GPU/MIC in 4U. The new high-density, power-efficient 3U 8-node MicroCloud supporting high performance Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 family or new Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 V3 family will also be on display with a higher density 12x hot-swap node for the new processors available. Exhibits also include the new 4U high-density SuperStorage featuring 72x 3.5" external hot-swap HDDs, HPC optimized GPU/MIC server solutions, new high performance workstations, SuperBlade® for the Enterprise and Embedded building block solutions. Over 50 single, dual and quad processor motherboards to match any specific application will also be on display. At the show, Supermicro will launch a new line of X10 servers, workstations and motherboards ( www.supermicro.com/X10) based on Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 V3 and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processor families, a new Intel microarchitecture with 22nm process technology. Additional product highlights include 10/1GbE networking solutions, Battery Backup Power ( BBP®) modules, SuperRack® and Supermicro's System Management Software Suite for complete integrated solutions."With each new generation of processors Intel delivers new features and more performance while increasing the energy efficiency. Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 V3 based on new Haswell microarchitecture and 22nm manufacturing process embodies this commitment," said Lisa Graff, Vice President and General Manager, Datacenter Marketing Group at Intel. "Supermicro is one of the leading companies to take advantage of these new technologies and delivers innovative designs from X10 motherboards to their new 3U 12- and 8-node MicroCloud servers." Supermicro Exhibit Highlights at Computex:
- 4U FatTwin™
- Power Saving - 8x hot-swap nodes, Front I/O ( SYS-F617R3-FT) system featuring 16% lower power consumption with a superior shared cooling and power resource architecture with redundant Platinum Level high efficiency (94%+) power supplies providing an advanced thermal optimized solution
- GPU/MIC for HPC - 4x hot-plug nodes, Front I/O ( SYS-F627G3-FT+) 12x GPU/MIC (3x per node)
- Hadoop Big/Data - 4x hot-plug nodes, Front I/O ( SYS-F617H6-FT+) 12x Fixed 3.5" HDDs plus optional 2x Fixed 2.5" HDDs
- 3U 12-node MicroCloud ( SYS-5038ML-H12TRF) featuring 12 independent hot-swappable nodes, each supporting Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 V3 13W-80W CPUs, 32GB memory, 2x 3.5" or optional 4x 2.5" HDDs and MicroLP expansion
- 4U high-density Double-Sided Storage® ( SSG-6047R-E1R72L) 72x 3.5" external hot-swap HDDs with 2x internal (optional 2x external) 2.5" fixed HDDs
- New line of X10 servers, workstations and motherboards ( www.supermicro.com/X10) supporting Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 V3 and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processor family featuring 13W-84W CPU support for low power to high performance options
- UP (uni-processor) motherboard highlights: High-Performance X10SL7-F, Essential X10SLH-F, Value Oriented X10SLM-F, Workstation C7Z87-OCE, Embedded X10-SLQ and X9SBAA-F
- DP (dual-processor) motherboard highlights: Industry's only 11x PCI-E X9DRX+-F, Data Center Optimized X9DRD-LF, Expansion Oriented X9DRW-7TPF+ with LSI 2208 and dual 10G SFP+, Cost-Optimized X9DRL-7F ATX with LSI 2208 and 1U support for 115W CPUs and socket B2 X9DB3-TPF with single port 10G SFP+
- 4U MP SuperServer® for Enterprise ( SYS-8047R-7JRFT) supporting quad Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 series, up to 768GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC memory in 24x DIMMs, 8x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots, 24x 3.5" hot-swap HDDs, 2x 10GbE LAN ports, 10x USB 2.0
- 7U SuperBlade® Solutions - The all-in-one SuperBlade features 94%+ power efficiency and high bandwidth connectivity through optional network switch modules, including 56Gb/s FDR IB (SBM-IBS-F3616M), FCoE (SBM-XEM-F8X4SM), 10GbE (SBM-XEM-X10SM) and 1/10GbE (SBM-GEM-X3S+)
- Dual-node DP TwinBlade® ( SBI-7227R-T2 and SBA-7222G-T2) offering the highest compute density with up to 120 dual-processor servers per 42U SuperRack® achieving an unrivaled 0.35U per DP node
- 64-core AMD G34 4-way MP Blade ( SBA-7142G-T4)
- 3 TFlops GPU Blade ( SBI-7127RG)
- 9.6TB Storage Blade with HW RAID & BBU ( SBI-7127R-S6)
- PCI-E 3.0 x16 Expansion Workstation Blade ( SBI-7127R-SH)
- Battery Backup Power ( BBP®) enabled SuperServer® ( SYS-1027R-72BRFTP) features redundant PWS-206B-1R modules (54.5W x 220D x 40H mm) and provides BBP® protection in 200W/5min and 100W/15min options.
- High bandwidth 10-Gigabit Ethernet top-of-rack switches: 24-port SSE-X24S and new 48-port SSE-X3348T/TR 10GBASE-T switch. Plus the popular and versatile 52-port SSE-G2252P with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) capability.
- Supermicro's System Management Software Suite provides sophisticated power management ( NMView) down to clusters, servers or processors, system health monitoring (SSM) and additional out-of-band management utilities (smcibu) that provide batch BIOS updates without interrupting application performance.
- Hyper-Speed SuperWorkstation ( SYS-7047AX-TRF) and GPU/MIC enabled HPC SuperServers ( SYS-2027GR-TRF, SYS-7047GR-TRF)
- Embedded (7 years product life) solutions including new high performance ( X10SLQ, X10SLH-F) motherboards and compact server building blocks ( SYS-1017A-MP, SYS-5017A-EF, CSE-505-203B) ideal for ATM, Kiosk, NVR/DVR, surveillance appliances M2M, network and storage applications
- A+ AMD Solutions with single, dual and quad CPU motherboards featuring all new AM3+ and G34 Opteron™ processors and LSI 2208 SAS2 6Gb/s support. 3U 12-node MicroCloud ( AS-3012MA-H12TRF), 2U Twin 2 ( AS-2122TG-H6IBQRF), 4U/Tower ( AS-4022G-6F), 1U short-depth ( AS-1012A-MRF) server and 1U ( AS-1042G-TF), 2U ( AS-2042G-72RF4) and 4U/Tower ( AS-4042G-72RF4) quad processor servers supporting up to 1TB DDR3 1600MHz memory in 32x DIMM slots.