COLOGNE, Germany, June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ANGA COM 2013 – ARRIS Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS) today showcased the components of its expanded global solutions portfolio, highlighting its combined synergies in the cloud, network, and home. ARRIS will be demonstrating its complete portfolio of video and network solutions for cable operators at ANGA COM 4 – 6 Jun in Cologne (Booths #K11 and #E21).
The company now serves 85+ markets and is extending its global reach through transformative partnerships in video delivery and broadband technology, including recent customer wins for SecureMedia DRM (EONA), ST-6000 Encoder (ROPA) and HMC3021 Set-top (Vectra).
ARRIS' expanded global portfolio arrives on the heels of the industry's emerging challenge in entertainment and communications delivery—trying to scale to the 55% of the global population consuming video on multiple screens, according to a recent global study by Motorola Home(prior to its acquisition by ARRIS). These new trends reflect a marked migration in viewing habits throughout the home, with TV consumption in the bedroom on smartphones and tablets, for example, accounting for 41% and 46% of the population, respectively.
"The cable industry is facing a fundamental shift in the way its users are consuming content. This puts the connected home on the frontlines of innovation in next-generation cable technology," said Steve McCaffery, EMEA General Manager, ARRIS."When consumers stream more content, on a variety of devices throughout the home, in higher-quality formats, service providers are faced with scaling their networks to meet the additional demand. ARRIS is addressing these demands on a global scale through a growing portfolio of video delivery and broadband solutions." ARRIS' innovation is centered on the industry's three biggest challenges: simplifying multiscreen, transforming IP delivery, and delivering the next-generation home. Simplifying Multiscreen Consumers want the full TV experience with a seamless viewing experience on all their devices, wherever they are. For service providers, the complexity is daunting. ARRIS' multiscreen portfolio tackles the major issues of bandwidth conservation, user experience and video delivery.
- ARRIS integrated end-to-end multiscreen platform-The ARRIS integrated, end-to-end multiscreen platform enables service providers to take what they need to evolve their existing platforms to deliver the next generation services that their customers want. It is comprised of award-winning integrated solutions that give service providers specialized tools for delivering multiscreen content.
- DreamGallery – Innovation at Internet Speed – multiscreen navigation that makes TV as personalized, dynamic and rich as the Internet. On-the-fly updates, scalability, and customization—thanks to HTML5 and cloud-based technology.
- Merchandiser – Enabling Personalized, Infinite Catalog Marketing – software for enhancing the browsing experience with personalized bundle marketing for video, music, games and applications—across multiple screens, with an intelligent recommendation engine.
- Also on display: SecureMedia® Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+ and VideoFlow CMS
- E6000™ Converged Edge Router (CER) – The Revolutionary ARRIS CCAP Platform – The E6000 CER delivers new levels of density and cost-effectiveness in a robust integrated architecture that will enable converged services on broadband networks. All elements are redundant, hot-swappable, and designed with integrated redundancy for 99.999% availability.
- C4® /C4c™ CMTS – Investment Protection via Increased Density – ARRIS is increasing the density of the 16D and eXtended Downstream Cable Access Modules (XD CAMs) for the C4 and C4c CMTS platforms to support a total of 32 Annex A downstream channels, enabled through a software-only upgrade accompanied with the purchase of additional downstream channel licenses.
- APEX3000 – CCAP Advancement – market-leading high-density and fully redundant CCAP-compatible universal edge QAM, designed to meet growing demand for both narrowcast video and DOCSIS high speed data
- Also on display: GT-3 MBR Transcoder ST-6000 MOTr BAN Portfolio HFC Optics Carrier Ethernet portfolio BSR6400 and HEVC
- DVX3662 – One of ARRIS' leading gateways, represents the evolution of the set-top. The DVB-C/IP video gateway is the center of the new IP connected home. The multi-tuner DCX3662 leverages transcoding, IP streaming, 802.11ac Wi-Fi and powerful software and cloud technology to deliver multiscreen and time-shift TV around the home, while reducing energy use and maintenance.
- VIP2853C A small high-definition DVB-C/IP hybrid set-top box with ·dual DVB-C tuners and user installable disk and memory module for DVR expandabi lity.
- Also on Display: HMC3021, MG2402 , Touchstone Data Gateway DG1660 and the Touchstone Telephony Gateway TG1662
- Bruce McClelland, President, Network and Cloud, Global Services, will speak along with leading cable CTOs on the topic: "Fiber vs. LTE: Potentials and Borderlines" 10:00AM, ROOM C
- Dr. Ayham Al-Banna and John Ulm from the ARRIS CTO Office, will speak on DOCSIS ® 3.1- The Future Bandwidth Evolution" 11:45AM, ROOM B
- Charles Cheevers, ARRIS CTO CPE Solutions, will speak on the panel "CCAP – A Status Report" 2:00PM, ROOM B
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV