TORONTO, June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Celestica Inc. (NYSE, TSX: CLS), a global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions, today announced it has been named to Canada's Green 30, an annual list of top companies based on Aon Hewitt's Employee Green Index.
Celestica's sustainability strategy is focused on the areas where the company can make a positive impact in its industry and drive the most significant improvements to its environmental footprint. These include:
- Water and Energy Sustainability: Decrease the impact of its operations on the environment by reducing the consumption of energy and water.
- Material Stewardship: Reduce, reuse and recycle products and materials that are at the end of their life.
- Sustainable Solutions: Understand the environmental footprint of our customers' products, and proactively help our customers to 'green' their supply chains.
- Employee Sustainability: Foster a positive and engaged workforce that drives innovation and empowers people to make a difference.
- Sustainable Communities: Develop initiatives that create positive change in the communities around the world
"We believe companies have a responsibility to lead change and to drive innovation in the area of sustainability and we are pleased to be named to Canada's Green 30 for the third consecutive year," said Todd Melendy, Vice President, Sustainability and Compliance, Celestica. "We are proud of our employees around the globe who are implementing creative approaches to reducing energy and water consumption, reusing and recycling materials, and collaborating with our customers and suppliers to develop sustainable solutions."
To determine Canada's Green 30, Aon Hewitt, a leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions, surveyed over 190,000 employees at 280 organizations with regard to their employers' commitment to environmental stewardship. The final list is compiled from employee feedback and categorized according to Aon Hewitt's Employee Green Index, which focuses on employers' environmental strategies and activities, as well as their efforts to consider long-term social, environmental and economic impacts when making business decisions.The Green 30 list appears in Maclean's magazine.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts