Financial analysts and reports toss around the term 'bubble' too often to count, especially when markets see a rally like that over the last few trading days. But should investors be concerned stocks are inflated right now? As Yahoo! Finance reports, The New Yorker's James Surowiecki doesn't think so. He sees healthy corporate profits as a sign that the market's current valuation is relatively accurate, especially when foreign earnings of US corporations are taken into account. Simply put, earnings are at record levels.
With that in mind, we searched for companies that have exceptional levels of cash on hand. We took a universe of stocks and looked at balance sheets for cash holdings that exceed more than four quarters of average operating expenses. With such large cash cushions, the companies in question could run operations (on average) for more than four quarters without earning any substantial profits.
With the results from that screen, we then looked for those that have outperformed over the last quarter, with over 20% return.
Next, we looked for positive trends in accounts receivable, comparing growth in revenue to growth in accounts receivable. Since accounts receivable is the portion of revenue not yet received, and there is no guarantee the money will ever be received, the smaller the portion of revenue made up of receivables the healthier the company's total revenue.We screened for companies seeing faster growth in revenue than accounts receivable year-over-year, as well as accounts receivable comprising a smaller portion of current assets over the same time period. We were left with three companies on our list. The List These stocks have not only done well in the rally, but may have enough resources to protect themselves if the bubble fears come true. Do you think these stocks will continue to outperform? Use the list below as a starting point for your own analysis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV