SAN FRANCISCO, June 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq:ZNGA), a leading provider of social game services, today announced substantial cost reductions, including a workforce reduction and closure of various office locations that will result in an estimated $70 million to $80 million in pre-tax annualized cash expense savings.
As part of these initiatives, Zynga expects to complete a reduction in force of approximately 520 employees or approximately 18% of its global workforce. The workforce reduction will occur across all functions and is expected to be substantially complete by August 2013. Zynga will record pre-tax restructuring charges of approximately $24 million to $26 million in the second quarter, and $2 million to $5 million in the third quarter. Zynga also expects to record an estimated $15 million reversal of stock-based expense in the second quarter of 2013 as a result of the net impact of these workforce reductions.
OutlookZynga's updated outlook for the second quarter of 2013 is as follows:
- Net loss is projected to be in the range of $39 million to $28.5 million, which is updated to reflect the impact of the actions noted above.
- Bookings are projected to be in the lower half of the outlook range provided in our April 24, 2013 first quarter earnings release. While our Farmville Franchise continues to perform well, other games are underperforming.
- Zynga re-affirms the second quarter 2013 outlook provided on April 24, 2013 for Revenue, EPS, Adjusted EBITDA and Non-GAAP EPS.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts