Kinder Morgan Energy Partners
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP) is a pipeline transportation and energy storage company in North America that owns and manages a portfolio of energy transportation and storage assets. This stock is trading up 1% at $83.98 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.02 million
Average Volume: 1.08 million
Volume % Change: 62%
From a technical perspective, KMP is bouncing modestly higher here right above its 200-day moving average at $83.07 with decent upside volume. This stock has been downtrending badly for the last few weeks, with shares dropping from its high of $89.89 to today's low of $83.10. During that drop, shares of KMP have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, shares of KMP have now found support at its 200-day, and if that level holds the stock could rebound sharply to the upside.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in KMP as long as it's trending above its 200-day at $83.07 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above its three-month average action of 1.08 million shares as bullish. If KMP can maintain that trend, then this stock could easily rebound towards $86 to its 50-day moving average at $88.07. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Madison, Wis.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV