FARMINGTON, Conn., June 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (Nasdaq:HRZN) (the "Company" or "Horizon") is pleased to report that the two leading independent proxy advisory firms — Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. ("ISS") and Glass Lewis & Co. ("Glass Lewis") — each recently issued a report recommending that the Company's stockholders vote "FOR" a proposal included in the proxy statement for the Company's 2013 Special Meeting of Stockholders (the "Special Meeting") that would allow the Company to issue and sell shares of its common stock below its then current net asset value per share, subject to certain limitations described in the proxy statement.
The Special Meeting is scheduled for Friday, June 14, 2013, at 10:00 a.m., Eastern Time, at the offices of Horizon Technology Finance Corporation, 312 Farmington Avenue Farmington, Connecticut. The Company reminds its stockholders that their vote is important and urges all stockholders to take a moment to vote their shares using one of the following methods:
1. Internet : Go to the website listed on the proxy card or voting instruction form. Have your control number listed on the form ready and follow the instructions.2. Mail : Mark, sign and date the enclosed proxy card or voting instruction form and return it in the postage-paid return envelope provided. 3. Telephone : For stockholders that received a voting instruction form with telephonic instructions, call the toll-free number listed for this purpose on the voting instruction form. Have your control number listed on the form ready and follow the instructions. Stockholders with questions related to the Special Meeting or the voting of their shares, or who need to request additional proxy materials, are strongly encouraged to contact the Company's proxy solicitor, Georgeson Inc., at (888) 607-6511 or the Company directly at (860) 676-8654.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts