NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- "Mad Money" Research Director Nicole Urken met with TheStreet's Jim Cramer to discuss some powerful cancer-fighting procedures that have begun to emerge.
With the American Society of Clinical Oncology conference wrapping up this week in Chicago, some old-name pharmaceutical stocks are getting a boost for their recent progress on cancer-fighting techniques.
The new PD-1 procedure, which involves using the patient's immune system to target and fight cancerous cells, hasn't seemed to gain much traction until now.This technique is something that Gilead (GILD) is looking at, even though the company has been focused on treating HIV and hepatitis C. BioMarin (BMRN) is also looking at entering the space. "These are all positive names with long-term drivers," Urken said, adding that they are "also helping improve people's lives and fight disease." -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV