FORT WORTH, Texas, June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ten days after announcing the start of the program, RadioShack Corporation today reported it has collected more than $150,000 in donations to the American Red Cross. The donations were made by RadioShack customers at the point of sale at all RadioShack stores nationwide and will directly benefit victims of tornadoes in Texas and Oklahoma.
"We are proud and very pleased that our consumers have contributed $150,000 for relief efforts," said Joe Magnacca, chief executive officer. "In light of last week's second wave of deadly storms in Oklahoma, it is clear this help is still desperately needed. By partnering with the American Red Cross on these donations, we know the money will be used for relief efforts in affected communities."
RadioShack is also delivering the first shipments of its own donated product including mobile phones, chargers, power inverters, batteries, flashlights and other emergency items to affected areas beginning today, June 3. Additionally, employees at RadioShack headquarters launched a donation drive last week for household items needed by victims in Texas and Oklahoma, and hundreds of items have already been collected.Donations will continue to be accepted at all RadioShack stores in the United States. When checking out, customers continue to have the option of donating $1, $5 or $10 to directly benefit tornado victims in Oklahoma and Texas. The donations will go to the American Red Cross and will help cover the cost of emergency shelter, food, recovery and other assistance to families impacted by the storms. About RadioShack Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV