PASCAGOULA, Miss., June 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE:HII) announced today that Don Perkins has been named vice president of contracts and pricing for the company's Ingalls Shipbuilding division.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/hii/mediagallery.html?pkgid=19110
Operationally, Perkins' organization is responsible for contract administration, proposal formulation, estimating, pricing, negotiations, contract awards and change orders, as well as management of contractual risks and mitigation strategies. Perkins' shipbuilding experience began with an apprenticeship program and comprises more than 30 years of his career, including seven years as contracts director at Ingalls from 2002 to 2009."Don's 34 years of contracts and business management experience, as well as his background in shipbuilding, brings a solid foundation to this position," said Tom Stiehle, Ingalls' vice president, business management, and CFO. "The Ingalls contracts team, under his leadership, will play an integral role in managing and mitigating risks as we continue our focus on improving safety, quality, cost and schedule performance." Over the past four years Perkins held the position of sector director of contract administration for Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems, and he most recently served as the corporate director of contracts for Northrop Grumman Corp. He holds a bachelor's degree in business administration from Southern New Hampshire University. He currently serves as the chair of the procurement techniques committee for the Aerospace Industries Association (AIA) and is also a member of the National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV