NEW ORLEANS, June 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LSI Corporation (Nasdaq:LSI) today announced the channel and OEM availability of the Syncro™ CS solution. Syncro CS is a robust, cost-effective and easy to deploy high-availability storage solution for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) and remote and branch offices. Operating on Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Syncro CS brings new benefits such as shared storage and storage controller failover into direct-attached storage (DAS) environments at a fraction of the cost and complexity of traditional high-availability solutions.
High availability is considered a universal business need regardless of business size or industry. When business-critical data is not accessible, the results can be lost revenue, lost productivity and reduced customer satisfaction. LSI Syncro CS is designed to reduce downtime for critical applications, making failover latency transparent to the application or user. Syncro CS brings the robust data protection, high performance, low cost and low complexity found in DAS solutions and adds the additional benefits of shared storage and high availability.
Built on LSI MegaRAID ® technology, Syncro CS solutions use two controller cards to allow system administrators to build a high-availability, shared DAS solution. Syncro CS supports two deployment models:
- Syncro CS 9286-8e: Provides shared storage clustering using two volume servers and an off-the-shelf JBOD. This affordable high-availability solution brings shared storage and controller failover to DAS environments.
- Syncro CS 9271-8i: Enables OEMs and system builders to use Syncro CS controllers to build cost-effective two-node Cluster-in-a-Box systems and deliver high availability in a single self-contained unit.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts