Newcastle Investment Corporation (NYSE: NCT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 17.10%. Newcastle Investment Corp. operates as a real estate investment and finance company in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 2.13. The average volume for Newcastle Investment Corporation has been 10,497,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Newcastle Investment Corporation has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 41.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Newcastle Investment Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for NEWCASTLE INVESTMENT CORP is rather high; currently it is at 68.20%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NCT's net profit margin of 41.20% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- NEWCASTLE INVESTMENT CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NEWCASTLE INVESTMENT CORP reported lower earnings of $2.85 versus $3.49 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 83.8% in earnings ($0.46 versus $2.85).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 48.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $73.47 million to $38.01 million.
- You can view the full Newcastle Investment Corporation Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts