American Capital Agency (NASDAQ: AGNC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 18.80%. American Capital Agency Corp. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). The company has a P/E ratio of 12.40. The average volume for American Capital Agency has been 7,929,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. American Capital Agency has a market cap of $10.6 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 7.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates American Capital Agency as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $518.00 million or 9.74% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.08%.
- The gross profit margin for AMERICAN CAPITAL AGENCY CORP is currently very high, coming in at 91.90%. Regardless of AGNC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AGNC's net profit margin of 44.33% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 64.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $641.00 million to $231.00 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, AMERICAN CAPITAL AGENCY CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full American Capital Agency Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts