WASHINGTON, June 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CoStar Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CSGP), commercial real estate's leading provider of information, analytics and marketing services, today announced that CoreNet Global's Mid-Atlantic Chapter honored CoStar with a Real Estate Award of Excellence in Sustainability Leadership for 2013. CoStar received the award in recognition of its significant contributions to sustainability in corporate real estate. The award was presented during a gala honoring the finalists and winners on May 23 in Washington, DC.
Now in its ninth year, CoreNet's Corporate Real Estate Awards acknowledge and celebrate the achievements of individuals and companies who have demonstrated strong leadership and have made a significant impact to the practice of corporate real estate. A panel of judges selected CoStar for the award based on criteria that included:
- Implementation of innovative approaches and practices that enhance sustainability
- Demonstration that sustainability has been integrated into the organization's daily operations
- A clear commitment to all aspects of sustainability, e.g. environmental quality, social equity, and economic feasibility
- Reflection of the unique role that corporate real estate plays in sustainability
"CoStar has a long-standing commitment to sustainable business practices across the company," said CoStar Group Founder and CEO Andrew C. Florance. "In addition to tracking the ENERGY STAR TM rating and LEED certification status of properties listed in our database, CoStar works to incorporate the most progressive best practices in green building technology in our own facilities. We are very pleased to be recognized by CoreNet and its membership as a leader in sustainability."CoStar's sustainability efforts are comprehensive, from the design and location of the Company's offices to its use of eco-friendly vehicles for field research and the generous transit subsidies offered to staff in major metropolitan areas to reduce their carbon footprint. CoStar also supports sustainability and green building in academia, sponsoring the academic journal and website, "The Journal of Sustainable Real Estate," which promotes research and awareness of sustainability issues in the commercial real estate industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts