RADNOR, Pa., June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE: LNC) announced today that it has been named one of the Top Companies and Organizations for Diversity & Inclusion by Uptown Professional , a quarterly, business and careers publication for the urban global professional. Launched in 2011, the list spotlights 50 companies this year and it is the first time that Lincoln Financial Group has been recognized.
"We congratulate all of our winners, including Lincoln Financial Group," said Robert Ingram, Publisher of Uptown Professional. "While other similar recognition programs exist, we created our own in order to spotlight those often hidden jewels that aren't always discovered through traditional channels. Our top companies have some of the most diverse and inclusive rosters and bench strength in terms of their top executives and boards of directors. The inclusion in senior ranks of persons of color and women is a factor that weighed heavily in terms of companies we chose to recognize."
The publishers and editors of Uptown Professional magazine chose the final list of winners from hundreds of companies and organizations based upon several key criteria:
- Persons of color and women included on the Board of Directors.
- Noteworthy representation of diverse individuals in senior-level management.
- Recognition by authoritative media, diverse professional and community based associations and organizations.
- Robust supplier/vendor diversity programs.
- Active and engaged affinity, employee network and resource groups.
- Support of multi-cultural focused and owned media.
"We are honored to be recognized as one of Uptown Professional's Top Companies and Organizations for Diversity and Inclusion," said Allison Green, senior vice president and chief diversity officer for Lincoln Financial Group. "We're focused on continually developing practices and opportunities where diversity and inclusion are not only respected, but leveraged as assets in the workplace, financial markets and in our local communities."About Lincoln Financial Group Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. With headquarters in the Philadelphia region, the companies of Lincoln Financial Group had assets under management of $186 billion as of March 31, 2013. Through its affiliated companies, Lincoln Financial Group offers: annuities; life, group life, disability and dental insurance; employer-sponsored retirement plans; savings plans; and comprehensive financial planning and advisory services. For more information, including a copy of our most recent SEC reports containing our balance sheets, please visit www.lincolnfinancial.com . About Uptown Media Founded in 2004, Uptown Media Group is the only luxury lifestyle company targeting the Affluent African American (AAA) Market. UPTOWN Magazine affords luxury purveyors the broadest access to this highly sought-after demographic. Uptown Media Group, LLC offers traditional and innovative strategies, including UPTOWN Magazine (published eight times per year with NYC, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington DC, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Detroit and National editions); interactive website UPTOWNmagazine.com, lifestyle guide UPTOWNsocial and Uptown's signature events. UPTOWN Magazine is available by subscription at UPTOWNmagazine.com and on national newsstands, including Hudson News. UPTOWN Magazine, a toast to Luxury, Lifestyle and Living. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20050830/LFLOGO)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV