LITTLE ROCK, Ark., June 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Windstream Hosted Solutions, one of the nation's premier providers of enterprise-class managed hosted solutions, today announced plans to build a new enterprise-class data center in Charlotte, N.C.
Design and construction have already started and will result in a 72,000-square-foot facility with multiple 10,000-square-foot data center suites, delivered in a phased approach. The new data center—Windstream's fourth in Charlotte and its seventh in North Carolina—is expected to open late in 2013.
This new enterprise Managed Hosting facility is the latest expansion in the Charlotte area and is Windstream's seventh new data center in the past 18 months, further expanding Windstream's nationwide network of data centers. It will be equipped to handle Windstream's full suite of cloud computing, dedicated hardware, data storage, and managed services, helping business customers more efficiently manage resources and reduce costs.The new Windstream Hosted Solutions data center will feature a full array of benefits, including:
- 2N modular design for easy capacity expansion as needed
- Customer workspace and build rooms
- 3000kVA of day 1 utility capacity easily expanded to over 12MVA
- True A-Side & B-Side power distribution via fully redundant 2N critical infrastructure
- 1215kW of day 1 usable UPS capacity expandable to over 3600kW
- High Efficiency Chillers with 450 tons of 2N day 1 cooling capacity expandable to 1350 tons
- Fire Suppression, including both FM200 and Dry-Pipe (double interlock pre-action fire suppression) and VESDA early detection system
- High capacity, burstable, carrier-neutral Internet connectivity via multiple Tier I Internet providers
- On-site Network Operations Centers (NOCs), fully staffed 24 x 7 x 365, providing facilities and network monitoring, security, technical and remote-hands support
- Access to multi-tenant infrastructure, such as Enterprise Cloud, EMC and NetApp SAN/NAS, F5 GTM/LTM platforms, as well as Cisco and Juniper network and security platforms
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts